Friday, June 4, 2010

Using economic trash bags on trash carts

The trash carts for machine collection is usually a lot bigger than you normally need. Trash bags of that size are usually for thick enough for heavy duty jobs. Therefore those bags are way more expensive than what you get for your kitchen at Target.

I made an wooden frame adapter so my trash cart can use a smaller bag. The problem is that it's too good in securing the bags. You have to rip off the corner of the bag to remove the frame before you push the cart out for collection.

That was before I discovered those miniature metals clips, 50 for a few dollars. The plastic bags I use are deep enough for the cart, but the opening is not wide enough. So I just need to use 4 clips to hold the four corners of the bag to cover part of the cart opening. It's simpler than it sounds. It's pretty fast to do so. For the same bag, the trash capacity is larger than when I'm using the wooden frame adapter.

Addition:
Now I put in another trash bag to fill the void, in case someone throw things into the bin bypassing the main trash bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment