Sunday, January 2, 2011

Permeable paving update

My permeable pavement proved itself during the flood.  In my concrete paved area, tubes are laid underground to prevent flooding.  But drains can be blocked.  My permeable paved area dries quickly when the rain stops.

The drying paving technique doesn't work, using lime and sand dry mixture to fill the gaps.  They will never turn rock solid and starts to wear off slowly, better than soil though.

My next idea will be filling the gaps with pure wet lime first, and then sweep dry sand on top and squeeze into the gaps.  Filling the gaps with wet lime is quick, because without sand in it the tool will not be blocked easily.  Add dry sand on top is clean and easy.  Hopefully it works.

Unfortunately, my lime bag got penetrated during the flood.  They may or may not be working anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment