Monday, July 23, 2012

Full personal care with totally safe ingredients - skin

For "body wash" I use the same thing as my "shampoo" - saturated baking soda solution in tap water, or the softest water you can get.  That's about one teaspoon per cup.

You can pour the solution on your body with an old body wash bottle.  Or you can simply put the baking soda into a bath.  First clean yourself with a little water in the bath, then add water to whatever level you desire.

I don't suggest to use another vinegar rinse as that's too much trouble with no reason.

I hope I don't need skin moisturizer in the long run, at least not everyday.

I suggest corn huskers lotion on a as needed basis or on trouble spots.  It solved all my skin troubles as the alcohol in it makes it medicated.  I use it for after shave, and moisturizer after I removed tough skin on my heel with "floating stone".  The formula has been used for just less than 100 years and all the common ingredients are said to be safe.

Some people suggest to use it for moisturizing your hair too.  But I use it on my scalp when there's something like an insect bite, or where there are some dry spots.

You may turn your solutions into lotions or gels if you mix glycerin with it.  You can make your body wash solution into something like body wash lotion.  It is easier to apply for kids and it can last for a week instead of a day or two.

Food grade glycerin is about 50 cents per oz online. You need to further dilute it into lotion. Glycerin is the main ingredient in corn huskers lotion, itself a good moisturizer and found in many personal care products and food as base.

I use it for the face too.  After washing I don't feel the face oily, nor dry.  But the oil free feeling don't last long, but not even the strongest face wash that I use last that long.  I repeat with the BS solution if I need to, or just wipe face with a wet towel.

For body scrub I sprinkle a little BS from a pepper bottle into my wet hands and rub it gently on my face or where it's needed.  Dry BS is very fine crystals and can cause fine scratch lines on glass when dry.  But it dissolves as soon as it touches water.  And it won't scratch your skin because the "floating stone" are many times tougher than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment