Saturday, May 8, 2010

Best shower curtain and splash guard


I tried to fix up the kids' bathroom so they can also take showers there. I tried long ago but I didn't understand why it's always wet after they shower. And I gave up.

Installing a bath wall and sliding door will cost over $1000. Now that I can saw metal easily, I though of finding some kits to do it myself. No luck. A shower screen cost a lot too.

I was thinking about to make two tall walls on each side of the tub, and leave a hole in the middle to walk in and out. I gave up. You have to have a strong metal bar running the whole length of the tub. You have to drill a lot of thinks only to test if my wife and kids will approve.

Some how I vaguely remembered or came across splash guard. The smaller ones are only a triangle of size 5"x7". I went to into the shower myself and see that the corners were the real culprits. Basically it's a waste of money to buy a plastic right-angled triangle. And that the corners are rarely perfectly square.

So I just get a piece of plastic from the gargage, cut a rectangle and then two triangles. I glued it to the wall and bathtub using transparent caulk adhesive. Of course accidentally I knocked on the triangle after installed it, but it didn't come off. Rather tough guys.

Also I was surprised to find out that water went straight through the shower curtain! And I had the same curtain for years. So I looked for a waterproof shower lining. In the whole world there is only one that caught my eyes.

The lining must be plastic to stop water. I can pour my fav bio acid to kill anything and get rid of anything. It must be soft or else you fill like a prison in a isolation unit. The one at Walgreen says it contains 3 magnets. I was puzzled but immediately I went to get a magnet and found out that the bathtub was magnetic. It opened up many possibilities, say using magnets instead of shower curtain clips that the kids can use. But still I don't know what uses are the 3 magnets for.

I went there, paid about $4. It is soft plastic that I wanted. It's flimsy and may break but I can replace it with another $4. At the bottom corners there's a little pocket that contains a small magnet inside. There's also one in the middle at the bottom. Now I understand. You place the magnets in the bathtub and hold in place the lining almost covering the entire bathtub area.

When it was done my bottom hit the tile soap dish. It fell down the tile wall and left a hole in it. So I haven't tested the setup yet.

ps Look for PEVA for shower curtains.  Absolutely not PVC.  I tolerated the foul smell for a few days if that's not bad enough.  It's toxic.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find transport cart Carry documents, medical materials and more with ease using the transport carts from the Omnimed store. Check out our innovative medical solutions online today.


    Please Visit at: https://omnimedstore.com/transport-carts//

    ReplyDelete